IMPORTANT! Before attempting to submit a proposal submission, collect all the required information for each presenter referenced in the "Instructions for Session Submission Steps". For your reference, you may download these instructions as a PDF.
- Proposals must be submitted electronically no later than Monday, December 7, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time).
- Presenters must commit to maintain an educational focus for their session and to eliminate all sales messages or presentations. Sessions that incorporate a sales theme and/or receive low ratings will not be selected for future conference programs.
- Presenters must be available to present in person or virtually following the virtual parameters required by NASSP.
- The National Principals Conference (NPC21) screening committee will make selections based on audience and content needs that reflect a diverse demographic. The submission of a concurrent session proposal does not guarantee inclusion in the NPC21 program. Factors for acceptance include the degree to which the proposal aligns with the three focus strands; the depth of content; and its application to the K–12 continuum. The three focus strands are:
WELLNESS: Advances an environment in which the well-being and safety of everyone in the learning community is intentionally fostered and nurtured.
Includes such topics as personal and emotional safety, SEL, metal health and whole school wellness.
EQUITY: Advances behavior, systems, processes, resources, and environments that ensure that each member of the school community is known, valued, treated justly, and receives the individualized high-quality education necessary to succeed in a global world.
Includes such topics as anti-racist pedagogy and practices, culturally responsive teaching, social justice, inclusivity, socio-economic diversity, religion, marginalization, power and privilege, majority, and minority Perspectives.
INNOVATION: Cultivates courageous leadership that inspires, engages, and empowers others to make compelling change
- Sessions will run for 75 minutes. All sessions will be scheduled throughout NPC21, which begins on Thursday, July 15th, and continues through Saturday, July 17.
- You and any co-presenter(s) must be able to present in person or virtually following the virtual parameters required by NASSP.
- Up to three presenters may be listed for each session proposal. Do not list presenters without a definite commitment that the co-presenter(s) will appear during the program. All presenters must agree to the terms and conditions for participation.
- The primary person submitting each proposal will serve as the point of contact for NPC21. This person will be responsible for all related presentation specifications and for informing the presenter(s) of the status of the proposal, deadlines, and registration fees.
- The National Principals Conference session presenters receive no speaker fee and must pay their own travel expenses including hotel, airfare, and ground transportation. If your session is selected, all presenters must pay a speaker registration fee of $295 no later than Friday May 28, 2021. In exchange, presenters benefit through their exposure to a national audience of school leaders.
- By submitting a concurrent session proposal, you agree that the National Principals Conference or a representative of the conference has your permission to use all images, presentations, materials, and/or handouts you have submitted without restriction in any means of communication. Conference staff will provide presenters with tips for developing top-notch presentations and a standard PowerPoint slide template. NPC21 presenters must agree to allow minor editing of their presentations if requested.